Saturday, August 29, 2020

Blog 1: My News Sources

Here are my top 5 sources of news and information:

1. My main source of news comes from Facebook. Growing up in the age of social media, this is the most popular news source for me. Most people in my generation have Facebook or some other form of social media so a lot of news gets put on these sites. I am on Facebook to keep up with friends and family, but I also get news from there which is super beneficial. Some of the news may be fake news, so it is important to check the source and quality of the story.
                                                                

2. The next source that I get news from is Apple News. About every morning when I wake up, I get a notification on my phone from Apple News. It is an app on your phone and one of the most convenient ways to stay in touch with what is going on in the world. If you are an avid news reader, then Apple News also has an Apple News+ option. It is a subscription that provides you with more in depth news stories. I prefer regular Apple News because it is free of charge and provides just information for me to know what it going in the world. I love it because you can access it from your phone or computer which makes it so easy.

3. I also get my news and information from The Winston-Salem Journal. I was born and raised in Winston-Salem so this was the most popular source of news for me when I was growing up. They provide local news from the Piedmont Triad. We get newspapers delivered to our house and it also has an easily accessible website to get news from. This was the best way for me to know what was going on in the city around me.

4. If I want national news that is dependable, I go to Fox News. This is a very popular news source for people, but especially Republicans. Fox News tends to lean a little to right side of the spectrum on their bias. They are constantly updating their website with accurate news and information so I can always count on getting the most up to date news.

5. Lastly, I go to CNN to get news. CNN is also very reliable to get news and information from. CNN leans a little to the left on their bias. I go to Fox News and CNN so I do not just get one side of the news story. Going to both websites allows me to get both sides of every story so I do not get any bias. These sources are a little less convenient for me, but I can always count on them for accuracy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Our Relationship with Technology

     Technology has become one of the greatest inventions known to mankind. It has revolutionized our world as we know it. We now have faste...