Saturday, November 7, 2020

Privacy on the Internet

    Have you ever felt like you were being tracked or listened to on the internet? If you have felt like that, then you most likely have been tracked or listened to. I know for me personally, there have been many instances where I was talking about something in particular around my house, and then I see an ad pop up for it on my phone. For example, a while back, my family and I mentioned taking a trip to Mexico one summer. We mentioned it around the house a couple times in one day. The next day, we all started getting ads on our phones and laptops about an all inclusive resort in Mexico. Needless to say, we were pretty freaked out. 

    How many times have read the terms and conditions of agreement before using an app? I'm going to guess not many times. By clicking accept on the terms of agreement, you are agreeing to let them use and collect all of your information. When you open Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, they can collect your information and store it up in their program. Also, when you use the Google Chrome Browser, then they can track you and "listen" in on conversations. Chrome tracks every website you use by collecting cookies. Basically, there are many ways that websites and apps can track you and what you are doing on the internet. Now I am going to let you think over what you just learned, and make sure you are being a little more careful about what you put on the internet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Our Relationship with Technology

     Technology has become one of the greatest inventions known to mankind. It has revolutionized our world as we know it. We now have faste...